The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

I know what ya mean bout having to move the grate to tend the fire Thats why when I built my ole fire pit I figured for the grates to only be over one corner. That way you have access to the fire. When in the woods camping we usta set up our cook grate a couple feet from our camp fire and transfer over coals as needed. The home fire pit I so as stated and only put grates over a corner.https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tvH3JiiTesc/VHDAVUv1q1I/AAAAAAAAFzA/pUW655ojb_s/s1600/IMG_4332.JPG

Cappy

Yea when it comes to stitches, older ya get and the further they are from ya heart all slow down the healing process. Ya cant get much further away than the bottom of ya foot and none of us getting younger so they may have to be there for a while. Gotta be careful with a high stress area to make sure ya good and healed and don't re open it

jason

fear no beer
Yea when it comes to stitches, older ya get and the further they are from ya heart all slow down the healing process. Ya cant get much further away than the bottom of ya foot and none of us getting younger so they may have to be there for a while. Gotta be careful with a high stress area to make sure ya good and healed and don't re open it

Not to sound gross or anything, but I am getting some puss, but very rarely and barely any at all. I was told it is just the wound cleaning itself. I think like most I just don't like my feet being touched, except for the rare occasion I get a foot rub from the wife. ;) Stitches came out yesterday.

I finally got a chance to put in more then an hour of work today on the turkey pen. Every time I went out this week it would rain. Felt a bit warmer then normal, and just checked the temp. Feels like 108 they say. :Shocked::Censored: No wonder why I've gone through four shirts so far. But it is just about done. Then some finish work on the duck area. Then hopefully a break from building animal stuff, even if the wife wants to get rid of the tiny coops and build a bigger meat chicken area. :Rolleyes:

A decent size tree fell at my buddies house yesterday too, so it looks like that will be Saturdays project.

And with all the rain, I have been watching this channel on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/user/FindingOurParadise/videos Makes me wish I knew how to sail. I usually don't go for those type of channels but it has been fun watching their videos.

Attachments

Cappy

I feel ya on the triple digit heat and it feels like a sauna out side. The air actually feels heavy. a lil peroxide on the foot might help and tripple anti biotic on the band aide.

Roybrew

Glad the foot is healing for you. Glad I ain't any further south like you all. It's in the mid to upper 80's and about that with humidity here in tn, but I'll gladly take it over your all,s.

We took the boat out the other day to play on the lake. We sure like the top. That 90hp evinrude sure sucks down the fuel.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cappy

I am really glad you guys got out. yes its hot to where cutting the grass is bout all this ole boy can do. We usta love our top. Sadly a thunder storm mangled it and we havent replaced it now that I aint working. I made a stand for our big outdoor umbrella and it keeps the wife in shade. so its betta than nothing.

Cappy

So whats up with every body on the fourth? Hot here of course but we have our big fan ready and plan to have a play day set up the corn hole game got the fire pit ready to light later and soon to fire up the pit with a couple slabs of ribs and a dozen of those stuffed peppers every one is talking about. Picked a few big jalapeno peppers. We cut em in half took the seeds out leaving some of the veins for the heat. We stuffed them with Cajun style fresh sausage piled on some cheese and wrapped them in wright thick slice bacon. They not as pretty as the ones ya see on posts but its our first try and a learning experience. I will try to get some pictures later.

jason

fear no beer
Happy Independence Day everyone. Remember, you are not a firework, don't drive lit.

Been trying to catch up on yardwork today. Been pulling extra shifts during the day at work so I'm really behind. Heat advisory going on, but it is thunder storming right now so I'm taking a break.

Roybrew

Changed my front rotors on my truck this morning, screwed up and broke the wires at my ABS sensor uhn. Oh well never had ABS brakes growing up maybe fix that in a couple of months.

Fired up the metal fire pit and roasted a couple of dogs. Wife not feeling the best and it's just her and I this year. Staying cool and sucking down some ice cold root beers.

You all stay cool down south. To hot to over eat.

Happy 4th of July

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cappy

Well I f'd up and wound up in the dog house stole all the joy outa my 4th. The ribs and stuff turned out good but I let my enthusiasm get the best of me and now I am gonna pay for it for a week or so till forgiven. I guess i alot of ways I am like a kid at heart I get all excited and push a lil too hard.

Grandpa

Sitting here waiting for our fire works to start. Been a great day. Got about 20 or so of the Clintons here. The little peoples been in and out of those little kiddy swimming pools all day. They all got their bags filled with candy from the parade. Me and some of the boys went down to town and threw some disc golf. Son in law smoked up a couple of big tri tips and the girls made a nice batch of cheesy taters in a Dutch oven. All kinds of salads and fixings left me wanting a big nap. Bunch of the teens want to hike up to one of the peaks around here tomorrow. Couple more herds coming tomorrow so we should have all sorts of fun things going. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA. It has been a great party.

Roybrew

I'd keep my eye on the one with the pink striped shirt, that's a rough looking character [emoji2960]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Cappy

Thanks man I M n ole hand at weathering storms. So far no trouble. Only our pomegranate has leaned over so far poms are kinda heavy and the tree is full of ripening fruit so maybe that is the cause.