The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

Very happy to see yall out and about. We are still a month or more from doing the same. We are keeping warry eyes on the storm season and just starting to think about mucking out our camper. It has been sitting all summer and Peg uses it to write in sorta her she shed. She reported yesterday some moouse droppings and now that means all clothes and drawer contents need to be taked out and cleaned and returned. SHEESH women

Roybrew

I have a mouse eliminater living in my house. Ha.

Fortunately I don't have any issues with mice at my house. I don't know if it's because of a cat in the house or not. The cat doesn't go in the basement, and that's where my camping stuff is. Mice could be very destructive with camping stuff.

Roybrew

Still working on camp tote.
I can put every I need in it.
I put the straps on it today. I need to make some simple feet and coat it good with a spar urathane.

Cappy

Yep you are highly organized and I only wish I could be so. We store most of our gear in our campers underneath storage. I have a closet in the bed room for guns and rods a small one above it for ammo and tackle

Roybrew

Thanks but, I'm not that well organized. Got a lot of junk in those totes. I need to go through them.

We took a short hike to a place called Blue Hole Falls, last weekend. It was supposed to be a half mile, but didn't seem like it.
It would've been blue looking but with teenagers diving in kept it a little stirred up. No way would I do that I'm to much of a coward.
we hiked down to another small wading pool and another water fall.
the Crawfish were very brave in this one. There were a couple of more below that we found. It was good exercise and nice and cool.

Roybrew

I don't know about you all, but it sure is hot in TN. Took the canoe out this morning after work, while it was fairly cool out. paddled up stream and shot into the slower water on narrow side of some islands.
The water is very low, and the grass was creating a drag on my canoe. It was nice being in the shade along the bank.
I pulled the canoe over where the river was spilling water into the area I just came from, and waded and fished awhile. it was getting pretty warm now, so I hit the main river channel and paddled back to the vehicle. Little to warm to be out there.
I hope you all well.

Cappy

Beautiful pics as usual man thanks very much for sharing. broke record heat 3 days in a row here so we been hunkered down praying for fall. We been catching up on inside jobs getting our second book ready to set up as pre order status. Getting the cover fixed up our geeky son is helping with the photo shop part, Today's major project is installing snaps on my new shirts. Kinda tough figuring out the new heavy duty snap pliers and all the pieces and parts and such. gotta lay out where they go punch holes then certain pliers pieces for holes, bottoms and tops. then matching the parts of the snaps etc took some learning and practice but we got it going and have installed the bottoms on four shits. now we have to retool and tackle the tops. The good news when we get this done I will have 4 ready to pick from for church.

Roybrew

Oh wow! What's all that white stuff? I'll pay shipping if you can mail some of that stuff down this way. Hey Cappy look at that.

Cappy

We write sci fi it was a bucket list thing I always said I would do when I retire we have one ebook done one almost ready for pre order and plan to do 6 before we move on to our own stuff. Something most don't know about me I am a huge sci fi fan and a geeky guy
hard to believe from a avid outdoors man and sports man. I dont think Jason will kick me out for sharing it once so here it is: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/897595
We have been blogging for over 15 years and now we write sci fi space opera books and plan to branch out in the future. bet cause of my lousey typing you would have neva guessed. The book is well edited.

Grand pa as you know right about the time you start getting snow is when I start getting 70 to 80 degree days and it finally cools enough to catch up on my chores and play till may.

Grandpa

We usually get a mid September scare but the temps should go back up into the 80's. We are visiting in Colorado right now but still hoping to get another good hike in. One more lawn mowing and the mower goes to the shed and the snow blower will be readied.

Cappy

LOL my mower never goes in the shed if it is lucky it gets a month off. just enough tome to check the oil and sharpen the blade.

Cappy

Yesterday on the way home from church I stocked up on Fall bbqing and other cooking projects I scored 2 very big twin packs of boston butts. both packs were right at 25 lbs. I got em for .89 /lb and had the butcher process a couple of the roasts for me. Left 2 roasts whole packaged separately Had one roast cut into strips for either the bbq pit or cut into stew meat for jambalaya or just dropped in the grinder for sausage to be decided. The other roast I had sliced into steaks and that made 6 packs of steaks 1 I left out for supper tonight. I also scored some ribs for the same price so the freezer is set for Fall/winter BBQs

Cappy

I have been shopping for a gen for a year or more. Both on line and in every place we go. I finally got what I consider a great deal. Got a 4 k duel fuel sportsman for 412$ thats total delivered with a 4 year warranty plan. It's got an rv plug and 2 house style plugs. weighing in at 90 lbs I can load it in the suv or maybe mount it on the camper. 4k should cover me. I almost went with the same gen at 7.5 k but had to give up too much for weight fuel efficiency and ability to handle it my self. It was too big and weighed right at 200lbs too much for what I want it for.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sportsman-Sandstorm-4000-Watt-Dual-Fuel-Generator/202457598

Trust me a great! :beer3::Yo:

Roybrew

Looks like a great deal to me. Light enough so as not to break your back, but plenty of juice to power lots of things. I think it said 80 decibels which is pretty quiet.

You know with all the storms you get, it may come in real handy at home.

Cappy

Yea I figure it can run our lil camper with ac and the fridge and freezer if a storm comes. The worst part of riding out a storm aint the damage so far in my life its the week or more with no AC. and juice for the coolers

Cappy

Spring forgot to get sprung today its over 90. The only good thing the humidity is down to 50% and thats low for us Guess I will take what I can get.