The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

The storm is heading straight for our front door. Yall keep us in your prayers and remember (old timers) That I have been knocked offn the grid for as much as 8 days in the past. dont worry over much we will be ok. If the house or yard dont make it I'll see yall from some where else

Northern Dancer

The storm is heading straight for our front door. Yall keep us in your prayers and remember (old timers) That I have been knocked offn the grid for as much as 8 days in the past. dont worry over much we will be ok. If the house or yard dont make it I'll see yall from some where else
=====> I will be certainly thinking of you and the family.

Cappy

Every one is safe the wife couldn't handle the stress and bugged out and the kids all live away so its just me. I aint scared just lonesome

Northern Dancer

Every one is safe the wife couldn't handle the stress and bugged out and the kids all live away so its just me. I aint scared just lonesome
=====> I will light a candle and think of you specifically this evening [Saturday] at 9:35 PM your time.

Cappy

Thanks yall, wife called traffic moving slow she hopes to make it to friends and family in Houston still baring down on me. breezy but not bad so far

Cappy

Well noon and I still have power this may b e last report for a while do t worry I am set and Peggy is safely visiting friends. Checked my head light and flash light gen etc got out my percolator for coffee when needed. So far so good

Cappy

Yall miss me? internet flickering on and off today. 10 days and 16 hours no elec no nothing. 12 days no cell phone. Today is day 17 and a b it of intermittent internet. Cutting this short to get it posted safely I am fine very little damage to house the yard is trashed but we are ok heard from wife today she is well and visiting daughter in north texas. They got the neighborhood streets cleared out so I made it to the red light for the first time store was open but shelves bare. the neighborhood looks bad but every one I talked to is ok. More later

Northern Dancer

Yall miss me? internet flickering on and off today. 10 days and 16 hours no elec no nothing. 12 days no cell phone. Today is day 17 and a b it of intermittent internet. Cutting this short to get it posted safely I am fine very little damage to house the yard is trashed but we are ok heard from wife today she is well and visiting daughter in north texas. They got the neighborhood streets cleared out so I made it to the red light for the first time store was open but shelves bare. the neighborhood looks bad but every one I talked to is ok. More later
=====> OF COURSE WE MISSED YOU. What's a crew without the captain? Glad to hear that things are on the mend. Not only do these storms do so much damage they do something to our spirit too. You get the gnawing feeling that things are really going to be bad. We have had a lot of storms in recent dates in this neck of the woods but nothing like you describe. Even the ones that we have cause a lot of consternation. We are staying tuned Cappy. I would expect that you will have everything back in place and in order before the Mrs. returns home. :Smile2: Bless ya!

Cappy

Internet just back on been off since I posted hope it sticks this time. nothing but rain for 2 days as the little storm came by. It was very bad for those who were still repairing and removing trees from their roofs rain on a tore up roof missing shingles missing ten and some branch damage to structure is very bad when it rains soon after the fema blue roof just got started and many tried with regular tarps but they easy for rain to get under edges and form bellies etc. Was another bad blow to our area. Not much I could do outside but the yard aint going no where. Personally no leaks the elec sure is snice in this humid heat but I have my trusty lil camping gen lived for 11 days extensions 1 to freezer, one to fridge, one to power a box fan and my cpap. Camp stove to cook on ole percolator for coffee so I was good. Put a dent in the freezer stock but God's grocery store is right down the street so I am good. May not post often pends on the cable.

Cappy

Knda tough keeping the inside straight while trying to reclaim the yard all the rain yesterday and today helped force me to house work so been washing clothes passed broom and mop cleaning stuff luckily when I cook I dont dirty much I always joke when peg cooks she dirties a sink full just to boil water :beer3:

Cappy

The dig you out crew got to the neighborhood today. I got to go to town today I loaded my ole jeep with dog food cat food dog cookies and 40 lbs of wild bird seed the gal at the check out said geez cap all for the pets nothing for you?? last thing in the cart was a pack of pork shoulder steaks I said yep the ole man needs a treat too. got it home and unloaded and set up for the pets now I am off for a 6 pack might as well enjoy the game Peggy aint home yet

Roybrew

Finally cooling off a bit. IMG_20210926_075019984.jpg 48 degrees F (9 Celsius) last week I was napping in the vehicle, lunch time nap, 3am it was low 70's, I had the windows down and couldn't cover up with my little blankie because it was to hot. When it's cool out, I cover up with with the throw I keep in the back seat and I snooze very comfortably.

I've been camping with a buddy from work, but since we work in the same department it's hard for both us to get off at same time. He quit Monday. He sent me a message that afternoon and told me. Just the week before I was pondering on where to go camping next week, so I jump on the opportunity and invited him to come along. Now that our work schedules don't conflict with our camping I've got a camping buddy.

Northern Dancer

it's always good when we have a camp buddy. As we get older there are fewer and fewer people who want to brave the outdoors. For the most part, I'm a solo camper. My canoe buddy Eric is skilled and we get along so well there are times that we don't talk but just do our thing and enjoy what we do. We are both busy people and hooking up can be challenging. We have some organized camps coming up provided there is no sudden surge of Covid. Parked out a week ago and camped at an Alpaca farm - it was different.

Temperatures are changing and there is a lot of rain in our part of the forest. The grass had needed cutting but we haven't had a really good dry day for some time. I get the feel of fall advancing just too fast.

Roybrew

Ooh I don't know about camping around them things.. They're always watching you. Like the Eye of Sauron. Ha ya know from the Lord of The Rings. Oops my geek coming out.