The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

My geek thang is bigger I am an avid reader sci fiction and fantacy heck I even write sci fi. But I have a deep love of the outdoor life style sadly as as I age I can do less but that dont mean I love it less

Roybrew

Look like I'm going solo later this week. My buddy has a job interview. I knew a job would get in the way of camping.

Going to pack very light, ha oh boy that's a good un. Take the motor boat cause my priority is fishing. The lake I'm going to offers lake trout and walleye, but that is for the experienced fishermen, so I guess that leaves me out. Never know I may get lucky.

Northern Dancer

Look like I'm going solo later this week. My buddy has a job interview. I knew a job would get in the way of camping.

Going to pack very light, ha oh boy that's a good un. Take the motor boat cause my priority is fishing. The lake I'm going to offers lake trout and walleye, but that is for the experienced fishermen, so I guess that leaves me out. Never know I may get lucky.
=====> The thing is to have a great time whatever that means to you. Just getting away can be a joy.

Roybrew

Hmm maybe touch?IMG_20210929_152629308~2.jpg Ha ha just kidding. IMG_20210929_152738478~2.jpg got my insulated mattress, un-rolled and un-stuffed, my camp chair, green bag with bedding stuff and my camp tote. Ramen noodles, oat meal, coffee, milk and water. Hoping to catch a tasty fish [emoji226] to cook over coals.

Roybrew

Hmm maybe touch?

Stupid spell check. I meant: Maybe to much? Done went and spoiled the moment. Good grief.

Cappy

looks like how I been livin for almost a month now Lord willin the wife should be home by monday. The suv will come in handy too took tinker b ell to town yesturday quite a trip for her got meds and a few groceries suplies and such she stopped on me in the parking lot after tinkering a bit I found she was vapor locked with a bad fuel filter installed the spare I keep in the geer box and barely had enough battery to turnit over enough to fill the filter and start. but back to running like a top and got me home safely
still for trips like that better suspension and AC will be welcome

Roybrew

I've never had a vehicle vapor lock, that I know of. Of course now they're fuel injected. I like that much better.

Roybrew

I'm sucking my milk down. That old cooler couldn't keep anything cold, even if it was freezing outside. Candy bar goes great with my milkIMG_20210930_163539198~2.jpg Roughing it.

Northern Dancer

Boy oh boy oh boy, Roybrew - you have my attention. Seemingly alone in some part of the forest with a blazing fire that would keep the vampires away. :Smile2: Looks a little chilly down your way much the same as it has been here. Tonight is going down to 39 and I'm sleeping out [in a tent] with a hot stove burning for the fun of it. I just didn't get enough "outdoor stuff' this summer/year. Things are very slowly beginning to open up. I will be out for a weekender with a group in the middle of October. I'm packed.

So...what happened to the cooler?

Roybrew

Cooler did fine last night, 50 degrees outside and 50 degrees in cooler. It does work ha. Took my little 10$ rei half dome.IMG_20211001_073303725~2.jpg it didn't have a fly but that sure wasn't needed last night. Insulated pad, small down throw and my hammock underquilt, and I slept great.

Morning come. IMG_20211001_073654294~2.jpg Hot coffee and oatmeal. Just like yesterday when starts to get day light, the mountain mists roll in.IMG_20210930_093223568~2.jpg

Roybrew

Both my headlamps died? Broke wire and stuff. Ain't used them in long time. Glad I brought my new lantern.IMG_20211001_080032611~2.jpg Hitting the sack. Good night.

Northern Dancer

I remember I had a trip I thought I was hexed. The stove gas line burst, the zipper in the tent got caught and tore the material, I didn't bring spare batteries for my headlight or camera, I took an inferior sleeping bag, my matches were damp, the rain put out my campfire and I forgot to bring my umbrella and I never found my hammer/mallet, but It was a great trip. :Frown2:

AK Hunter

I remember I had a trip I thought I was hexed. The stove gas line burst, the zipper in the tent got caught and tore the material, I didn't bring spare batteries for my headlight or camera, I took an inferior sleeping bag, my matches were damp, the rain put out my campfire and I forgot to bring my umbrella and I never found my hammer/mallet, but It was a great trip. :Frown2:
Being that you still enjoyed your outing means you didn't need all of those extras to have a good time.

Roybrew

Found myself another Cold Handle frying pan. My old one was pretty beat up and didn't sit flat. This one needs a little cleaning and seasoning and be good to go. These are getting hard to find. Not bad for 9 bucks.IMG_20211013_131918183~2.jpg

Northern Dancer

We all have our favourite tools. I still like my cast iron stuff and use it frequently. I'm all for taking my skillet on a canoe trip appreciating that the weight is significant, but I do it anyway.

Roybrew

Planning my next camping trip with my brother, early next month. Beautiful out right now. Lows in the 50s at night and highs in the mid 70s during the day. Very little color in the trees here. Fall is late. IMG_20211019_125622110~2.jpg