Trips & Friends are Synonymous

ppine

Forester
A beautiful photograph.
It is disappointing to me that so many of my friends have aged and have health problems. Some people I used to backpack with haven't been in a sleeping bag in 10 years.
I used to put together 8-10 people for horse pack trips and river trips.
Now 4 is a good number.
I have three good friends younger than me that are retiring this year. I plan to spend more time with them.

Northern Dancer

A beautiful photograph.
It is disappointing to me that so many of my friends have aged and have health problems. Some people I used to backpack with haven't been in a sleeping bag in 10 years.
I used to put together 8-10 people for horse pack trips and river trips.
Now 4 is a good number.
I have three good friends younger than me that are retiring this year. I plan to spend more time with them.
=====> I'm facing the same reality "pine". My mind and spirit are richly alive and well but my body is headed off in another direction. I've come to appreciate the immediate and not take things for granted. I was honoured to be invited to camp with young people at the end of September and to be accounted as one of the group. That is a privilege that many do not get after a certain age. They seemed to be oblivious to my age and just accepted my antics and humour as natural and normal. I'm blessed to still be welcomed at the campfire and do my thing.

ppine

Forester
My plan is to go slower, have more layover days, take naps, do whatever it takes to keep going out there.
I am planning a one week river trip next June after a couple of years of crummy health. Time to go while we can.