Trivia 1/30/18

Cappy

I am gonna guess not based on experience I catch em at night when its dark and I have caught them in muddy water which aint well lit. They may bight better in well lit situations but I aint realy noticed the fact. Over the years I have found some truth in lunar cycles, water temp versus debth etc. but not sunlight

dinosaur

troublemaker
It's false. The largemouth bass has no iris, ergo, they cannot adjust to bright light. They generally stick to the shadows. They will strike in bright light based on vibration receptors built into their sides but it is difficult to get them to strike a surface lure in the sunshine.

dinosaur

troublemaker
In the pursuit of my lifelong passions, I did manage to pick up some of that 'book larnin' stuff.

Roybrew

The old dummer then a coal bucket hillbilly, says most of the time I catch them is when I accidentally plop a lure on top of em. Me think they adapt to stain or clear water. They pick up on vibration for murkier and dark water, for instance I use copper colored Colorado blades in stained water or at night because it has more vibration. And if it's clear water and light out I use the chrome willow leaf on spinners. The color of lures don't really matter if sight is limited for the fish because they are searching more for the vibration. I use poppers a lot in the rivers cause it seems like if that thing pops around a small mouth, they don't care about about eating it they just want to kill the noisy thing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Roybrew

I remember fishing for walleye at night. I would set out a couple of rods and and wait. When still fishing with live minnows, I'm pretty sure walleye would sit there, lick and chew on em. I only got strikes when I thought something seemed suspicious and decided to move the minnow a little. Mmm yum getting close to walleye time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cappy

Hmmmmm ya made me think Roy light does seem to atract fish I have done really well fishig under light at night so maybe??