What is the longest amount of time you have spent camping?

Bushman

As a kid I would go with my family camping for about three weeks in the summer time. We would bring quite a bit of food and we would also try to catch fish to eat.

I don't get to go on long camping trips like that anymore. Lately I've only been able to go camping for a weekend, maybe 4 days if the weekend permits.

Abbey

Wow, 3 weeks is a long time. But, of course, it's totally impractical these days since most of us can't check out of the rat race for that long. I'm like you - I usually go for about 4 days at a time. In simpler days, I think the longest I ever went for was 10 days.

toastedmarshmallow

The Best Summer of my Life

About 16 years ago and while suffering from extreme corporate burn out, I gave myself the gift of a lifetime. I carefully planned a three month long, camping trip in the Pacific Northwest.

I spent two weeks in each of four spots, which was the max. time limit allowed at the time. I did that for the first 8 weeks and than for the last month, I went back to two of the places that I loved best.

I camped beside rivers in the Olympic mountains, a lake, the bay and the ocean.

It was the best time of my life. I had a good deal of dried goods which I'd carefully chosen and kept in a plastic, lidded bucket and hauled up a tree every night. I kept clean, body and clothes, with Dr. Bronners Organic Soap.

I also ate a good deal of fresh caught fish and tons of put my sleeping bag atop cedar boughs. inside my tent whenever possible. This made for unbelievably comfortable sleeping. I did not see or use modern conveniences like a flush toilet or a shower for the entire time.

I still dream about that time and miss it. I wish I could take a whole summer off now and do it all again. I wish others who love the outdoors the same opportunity. Heaven!

Last edited:

campclose

Wow, 3 weeks! How impressive. The longest I've been tent camping is a long weekend of 4 days. I don't think I would want to tent camp for longer. I like the camper bed and my own bed.

smore

Three weeks is long! The longest I have been camping is one week. That is long enough for me. I miss my bed by then:)

Isn't it hard to pack enough supplies for the 3 weeks? I have a heck of a time packing for only one week.

failghe

I think the longest was a week long. But used to camp every weekend or every other weekend when I was a lot younger. Now it is usually for 2-3-4 days at a time. But now it is too far in between outings.