Which is your favorite outdoor activity?

Regina

Hiking? Camping? Rock Climbing, Backpacking? Etc.,Etc.! There is quite a few things to do, just wondered if you had to pick just one, which would it be? Something you liked most over all the rest. :)

oldsarge

Even though I'm new at it, I would say Kayaking, then hiking/trekking.

calanta

Backpacking since I still tend to carry all of my goodies with me to enjoy the experience. My cigarette (electronic), my camera for amazing photos and my phone just in case an ER happens to pop up. Plus I am taking a toddler with me so there are extra supplies too!

oldmangunner

I will go with backpacking as well. I enjoy fishing, but mostly with my grand kids. If it is just me then I really like getting out in nature for a few days, just me (and possibly a friend) working with nature.

Grandpa

Backpacking, although I did highly enjoy letting the horses carry the packs on my last outing. I just didn't enjoy the horses enough to want to feed them all winter.

kunzr88

Trekking.. Nothing better than taking what on your person, heading out in the woods, and maybe find a good log to sit on. Find some serenity, appreciating the good ole things in life.

charley

I would have to say rockclimbing since everything else went on the backburner for about 15 years. Now I am retired and things are coming off the back burner.

indoorwife

As a newbie I don't feel guilty about saying sunbathing. Second best is walking which will turn into hiking come fall. I can't wait for the leaves to turn. The cool breezes at night are starting and I love how they feel.

Pathfinder1

I usually don't trek very far,
when all around me black bears are.

Hi...

Well, I might say that it was providing those fine furs for madam's wardrobe. But I don't make those treks anymore.

Any PETA people around?

When the chips are down,
the buffalo is empty.

Uncle Leo

Favorite thing to do.

Hmmm, that's a tough one. If I were to chose ONLY one thing it would be hiking to the South Yuba River and play in the water on a hot summer day.

Jumper79

I am not sure that I can pick just one but I guess I love hiking best. I have a hard time sitting still so hiking gives me the opportunity to get moving and still enjoy the scenery. I do prefer hiking alone though.

ponderosa

Backpacking. I enjoy good dayhikes as well, but I'm always a little frustrated when it's time to turn for home just when I'm starting to feel like I'm really in the backcountry. Backpacking for four or five days is much better. The higher the elevation, the happier I am.