Which is your favorite outdoor activity?

Fox38

I love anything outdoors! There probably isn't anything I don't like to do. Ok - I am not really a hunter. I love to fish, hike, backpack, camp, just be outdoors.

Joe S.

I have been fly fishing for over 50 years. Of all the outdoor things I do, I have been doing the fly fishing the longest, so I guess that's my favorite.

chuck66

Traveling
Probaby hiking, although I have a hard time not saying kayaking. I put hiking first because I do it year-round, whereas the kayaks get stored from Oct-March/April. I love doing both, but it's easy to grab a day pack and a pole and hike vs. loading up at least one boat, driving to the water, etc. After those two, fishing. Both fly fishing and spin fishing.

Last edited:

briansnat

Platnium Member
I enjoy hiking, backpacking, geocaching, canoeing, fishing, skiing and snoweshoeing. If I had to pick one it would be tough, but I think I'd go with hiking.

candycane

Camping is my favorite outdoor activity. I think it's because I associate camping with fun family time. I have never had a "bad" time camping. Even when the weather has been bad we've still managed to have fun. I just love it.

ejdixon

Apart from camping, it would have to be a bit of hiking and fishing for me. It gives me a way to relax and unwind.

Hazel

I love camping anywhere near a body of water. Since I hurt my back, my hiking is limited. Swimming and boating are fine but my heart is in fishing. A bad day of fishing is always better than a good day at work.

Lamebeaver

That's like asking what your favorite food is.

Or if I prefer blondes, brunettes or red heads (the correct answer is "yes")

I'd have to say backpacking, sailing, fishing, not necessarily in that order.

Gunny Webb

Outdoor Member
Astronomy, then backpacking/hiking, cave diving, then boating would fall in last.
Indoor hobbies would be horizontal dancing with Mrs Gunny and then Texas Hold'em.

FreeWilly

I pretty much like anything having to do with the outdoors and nature. I love traveling to new places and seeing things in the wilderness. I love animals and great landscapes. I hope to one day go to Alaska.