XANDER BUDNICK?

Northern Dancer

If you are like me I like to indulge myself by viewing canoe/camping videos. It seems to me most of the presenters need a crash course in English language usage and a lot of tips on "How to make a presentation." What's worse, is the number of folks who don't really seem to know their stuff very well and may not be as "professional" as they purport. And of course, for me, the "survivalists" don't attract me to their sites. Maybe it's the loud soundtracks they use, the personal promotions, and their scary looks.

Anyway - I'm starting to babble. For those who may be interested, Xander Budnick, [I didn't think that was his real name at first] has excellent material that he presents. His videos are exceptional. He can be serious at times as well as whimsical. Always fun. I've never heard him say, "Use guys." When he doesn't know something or makes a mistake he admits it but there is absolutely no doubt that he is skilled in all aspects of canoeing/camping. Really good stuff.

One video that really arrested my attention was when he camped out - in the winter cold without shelter, no ground cover, and no sleeping bag. I testify that I have never ever done that nor has it ever occurred to me that I should.

Take a gander and let me know what you think. I'm also open to suggestions about videos you have viewed.

3731 Xander camping alone with his imaginary friend?

Last edited: