Attracting rabbits

Tailtwitch

I've got a lot of flat, meadowy property, and I would love to hunt bunnies on my own land, but there's a slight problem. I don't actually have any bunnies here.

Anyone know good ways to naturally attract wild rabbits?

dinosaur

troublemaker
There are two things necessary for rabbits. Edge and food. If you have meadowland, the food shouldn't be a problem although you can plant some leafy vegetables, clover, and perennial rye. The "Edge" is hedgerow. Rabbits need cover as they are hunted by various animals other than man.

HappyFeet

Attracting rabbits is not easy. What I would do if I know that there are rabbits around is that I would search their path and then set a trap there. Rabbits usually take the same route so placing traps would be a good tactic.

Lamebeaver

First thing is to keep out dogs and cats, especially dogs.

Other than that, food and cover. Brush piles work nicely, etc.

Fluttershy

Aside from the things others have mentioned, the best thing you can do to attract rabbits is to plant strawberries, and then try to keep the rabbits away from them.

In my experience, a strawberry patch you don't want eaten acts just like a homing beacon for hungry rabbits. ;)

Scotty

I have too many feral cats around my place even though I've tried to eliminate the population with all of my skills. We found a couple of small bunnies that the cats had beheaded this spring, more's the pity. I wasn't happy that day and have tried to get rid of the feral population since then.