Crazy weather

3ofusnow

This weather is insane! For the past two days it has been in the 70's. I even had to turn the air on yesterday I was so hot. Today we barely broke 50 and it's so windy I'm pretty sure you can fly!

omegapd

Tornadoes in my part of GA yesterday (Temps about 80 before the storms), going to be cold tomorrow (33 is the low). 50 degree difference in basically 24 hours is unreal.

campclose

It's in the 30s here today! Brrrrr.... Tomorrow supposed to be in the high 40s and then over the weekend in the mid 50s. We were in the high 60s earlier in the week.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Count yourself lucky. 29 degrees here right now. Wind out of the West. I don't care. It feels good to me. If you can't suffer some small things, how do you know you're alive?

ejdixon

Tornadoes in my part of GA yesterday (Temps about 80 before the storms), going to be cold tomorrow (33 is the low). 50 degree difference in basically 24 hours is unreal.
Found out that our temperature tomorrow is gonna be another roller coaster. 30s in the morning, mid-60s in noontime, and then back down to the 30s towards the afternoon and evening. Crazy!

calanta

I wish it was warm enough to be in the 70's, I would even be okay with the 60's if the chilly would just go away. I say it every year but this year I mean it, I am totally going to retire somewhere with nice weather.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Good luck, Calanta. Every place on earth has its' drawbacks. In this country, you could pick California if you don't mind earthquakes and drought. Florida is okay if you can get past the hurricanes and the deadly Summer humidity swelter. I love Texas but in the Summer? All the rest of the Southern states have horrible Spring storms. Washington is okay but it rains all the time. Oklahoma is pretty nice but they do get some nasty winds. It doesn't get super cold in Kansas but they do get a goodly number of twisters. I think I'll stay in the Midwest.

Greatoutdoors

Our weather has been crazy too. We are doing 30 degree temperature swings every few days. We did at least finally get a little rain with this schizophrenic weather.

Grandpa

6 inches of snow day before yesterday, starting to snow again now. Right on normal for the season.

Lucy

We had 6 inches of snow where I live (so stop your complaining....:tinysmile_grin_t:) Hey enjoy it while you can, even if involves putting up the lights!

ppine

Forester
Dry climates and locations with high elevations have the largest swings in temperature. In the summer in NV diurnal (daily) temp swings are normally 40 degrees. An erratic weather pattern might change the temp by 55 or more degrees in 24 hours. In wetter climates like the SE US, changes are smaller and more gradual.

Record temperature changes are often associated with chinook winds in winter on the east side of mountain ranges by compressional heating. Examples would be eastern MT or Denver. A major chinook can increase the temperature by 60 degrees in a few hours.

Grandpa

The two biggest temperature changes I have seen (and both were very abnormal) was in October of 1961 when a cold front moved in dropping our 80 degree Indian summer to 0 degrees the next day. And I was on a mountain elk hunting at the time, brrrrr.

The other was Jan of 1979 when an abnormal temp of -38 in the evening got hit with a chinook taking us to 45 above the next afternoon. As I said, both of these were very abnormal changes because we seldom see 80 degree weather or 0 degree weather in October and we seldom see anything below -20 in the winter although the 45 is normal when the chinook comes.

In any case, weather is always unpredictable, but with real time broadcasting, we are just more aware of world wide wierdness. And if our lives were long enough and our memory good enough, we would all have seen these cycles many times.