Do you take your pets camping with you?

Georgie

My pets stay home. I just worry about them getting tangled up with a wild animal when we are deep in the woods.

I have a friend who brings her cat camping. Yes, I said her cat. It's the craziest thing and I worry the whole time we are with them because the cat is so helpless tied to a tree. I worry that it will draw a wild animal. She insists every time. I try not to go camping with her to much.

campgirl

:tinysmile_twink_t2: Wow her cats!
I have never taken any pets camping. I always leave them at home too. I think it's too much to worry about when you are camping. We have a dog that we could take. I would worry about her barking at night and keeping other campers up.

2coastcamper

I've taken my dog camping a few times, but never in a deep-woods situation. I've taken him to a few moderate hike-in places.

I'm heading into a massive national forest in calif. early next month, and I won't be taking him that time.

FreshAir

My crazy mother in law decided to show up last year to our camp during Thanksgiving (which is rifle deer season), with her stinking little cockapoo. Just what we wanted when we were hunting just around camp. She thought she was going to put that darn thing in our camper. HA! I can't stand dogs as if you couldn't tell.

Campy

Ok the cat cracked me up. Just picturing it is funny.
We have a Jack Russell and my husband had said that he'd love to bring her camping with us, that she would have so much fun. NOT !! she would loose her mind! Just taking her out for a walk is crazy, she has to smell every single spot any other animal has ever been. Can you imagine in the woods, she'd sniff herself crazy. And if she heard something at night, she'd start barking her head off and never stop. Most likely she'd get sprayed by a skunk I am sure! They are everywhere at this one campground we go to, they circle your site like sharks as soon as the sun goes down. They won't bother you but then again I'm not a dog barking my face off at them. And to me it seems like having fresh bait at your campsite for the other animals in the woods. I see people with their dogs and that's great, just not my thing. I think it all depends on the dog.