Dream car?

JimBob

If you could have any car you wanted, what would it be? By that I mean truck or SUV as well. Sometimes in traffic when people are upsetting me, I'd like a monster truck. I bet no one would cut me off if I could run them over. Tailgaiters beware when my reverse lights come on. :p

Seriously, I'd love to have something like a ferrari, but a brand new fully loaded Nissan Altima would satisfy me.

rockytibby

I think I will take a 2011 Jeep Rubicon 4 door with a soft top,air conditioning, 4 wheel drive, dana 44 axles on a 4 inch lift with 37" tires. A few other extras, but I can put those on myself.

ponderosa

To me, a car is just something to get me from point A to point B. I couldn't care less about make/model/color/year. My dream car is anything that is paid for, reliable, and will haul my family and our gear up a 4WD road to get to our adventures.

oldsarge

I think I will take a 2011 Jeep Rubicon 4 door with a soft top,air conditioning, 4 wheel drive, dana 44 axles on a 4 inch lift with 37" tires. A few other extras, but I can put those on myself.
I agree...but with 37" tires I might go with a 6" lift. You have great taste in vehicles rockytibby. I presently have a stock 2004 Rubi which I hope to someday modify.

If I were limited to having to choose a car, I think I'd like a New Challanger, always liked those.

Grandpa

Only reason I took the bugatti was so I could sell it, buy a whole fleet of jeeps, a few mustangs and chargers and still have a mil left over.

outwest

I always tend to change my mind on this one but lately instead of a car its a house. We are house shopping again and already having both of our vehicles paid about 70% of the full prices, we are not going to be car shopping for a bit.

LytWind

Call me old fashion but give me old Mustangs and I will be a happy camper. I just love the roar of the old engines.

For a bigger dream, give me a flying car so I won't have to drive through heavy traffic.

Grandpa

Please don't remind me about old mustangs. Grandma had a '65 mustang convertable when we got married. Sold it for $800 to buy hay for the cows. Guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do but it sure hurts to remember that deal.

dinosaur

troublemaker
After thinking this over, my true "dream" car would be electric. Since electric motors can produce more torque and horsepower for size than an internal combustion engine, it would be very quick. It would also have very few moving parts and no transmission since gearing would be unnecessary, just higher rpm. Less to go wrong; more reliable. The "dream" part would be in the batteries that powered it. They would have to be light weight and capable of powering the beast for a 400 mile cruise, and be rechargeable in no more time than it takes to pump fuel into the average car.

This, of course, is nothing more than a dream and I would miss the throaty growl of a high performance engine.

FreeWilly

Are you guys all sure this isn't your dream car?

:p This is a picture I took while driving home from work. It's a Hello Kitty "Smart Car". You know those tiny little cars that look like you could pick them up and put them in your pick-up truck or something. The Hello Kitty car is gone so maybe someone bought it. I still haven't seen it on the road though.