End Of Summer Bargains

Tubby

So has anyone bought anything at the end of summer sales that are going on? I saw a really good bargain on a six person tent the other day. I've got to replace my cooler too since my son decided it needed to be aerated by the pellet gun for better "cooling". Kids are going to make me lose my mind.

Grandpa

No, but have put in my order to Santa Claus before the good stuff is all gone.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

We did venture in to the thrift store and I bought a big old pig in a poke. It looked like it might be a big tent in a big duffle bag. (did I say big?) Got it home, spread it out on the lawn, and found I had just bought, for $3.00, not even a dirt spot on it, just like new.....a 10 ft x 14 ft floored cabin tent with 5 ft sidewalls. It didn't have the poles so I will have to make a new set. I will probably use 3/4 inch pipe for the center ridge and 3/4 conduit for the side ridges. It did not have a chimney port so I guess it will just have to be a 3 season tent. :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Getting relegated to the "dog house" might be fun in a tent like that.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Last edited:

jason

fear no beer
I don't have the money right now. I could use some more fishing gear though. Been thinking about the x-wing for my kayak too. So tempting, but I need to get out more before spending the money on it.

T

tentrus

I'm with you Jason... with school supplies and school clothes shopping I don't have the money to buy anything else right now. I sure wish I did though. I have seen a ton of great sales at Dick's.

Greatoutdoors

I haven't really seen any markdowns yet, and money is really tight here as well. My hubby is desperate for a tent so we can go camping soon.

DragonAge

I got my kids life jackets for next year. This was the last year for these, they are pretty old and beat up and the kids have grown a lot since I got them. I saw kids jackets on sale so I got them.

Hyde

I saw some swim suits on sale. I thought about getting some but my kids grow so fast, how do I know for sure they will fit next year?

PieInTheSky

I haven't seen anything on sale yet either. I have been keeping my eyes open. I like getting camping gear for people for Christmas so they will have it for next season.