Fire ban?

HikingGuy

Is there still a fire ban on where you are? We have one on in my area until the middle of October then the ban gets lifted, you can burn before but you have to pay for a permit to allow you to burn.

hydethebeef

No, we do not get fire bans very often although we did have one last year. This year has much been better although it got dry there for awhile. Luckily we got some much needed rain so we should be good now.

foxylady

We have a fire ban where I live but you can burn in an approved container, like the fire pits you buy at the store as long as it is covered. I do not know where we would have been this summer if we couldn't have had our bonfires.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Where do you live? If someone told me I couldn't have a fire, I would shoot them. Fire is necessary to existence. It is what separates us from beasts we kill and eat.

Lack of fire is like telling a man he cannot eat. This generally doesn't wash. The first time it happens, it may work because there is authority behind it. Always remember that the early bird may get the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Jimbo

We've been having a few more "no burn days" than usual this year. But the season has started to change, and the Forest Service is just about done with their last prescribed burn, so we should be good to go for awhile.

Greenjack

I am not aware that there is any fire ban in my location. Like Ultimate said, the authorities don't need to issue fire bans because mother nature has done the job.

Fox38

We also have a fire ban at our place. I live in upstate NY and it happens every year. You can't have any open fire outside unless you are cooking on it. So make sure we always have the marshmallows out there with us.

limaker

Not where I am from no unless its a really dry season but I know tons of friends in California that have a ban still in place either a public one or a hush hush type that the locals "prefer" you to not start up if you can avoid it.