Kids gone camping

DragonAge

My dad showed up today and asked to take all of my kids on a spur of the moment camping trip. I threw some bags together for them and said go for it! I am happy for the kids, but jealous. Wish I could drop everything and go too!

hummingbird

You lucky dog! Just think, a few days by yourself with no kids in the house. Woooo Hoooo!! You can go to sleep when you want without having to worry about them. You can also eat cereal for dinner and not have to worry about feeding the kids! Break time!!

Regina

Yes it would be a good time to get some things done that you don't have much time for when the kids are around. But then I'm sure it would have been fun to go camping with them too. Maybe next time you can go too! Enjoy the peace and quite for now. :)

campclose

Wow, lucky for them and for you! You get a break and quiet and they get to spend time with Gramps. I wish my parents would plan things like this and just take the kids.

KatieMarie

It sounds like your dad really enjoys being with his grandkids and that is a good thing. :) It also sounds like the kids get a thrill our of it too. Not sure how long they were going to be gone but hope they all had a good time.

megawalker

I remember my dad and I had plans and he was running late so I called to see where he was. I heard my nephew in the background. The problem was that at the time he and I lived in Pittsburgh and my nephew lived in Indianapolis. He took off for the weekend and forgot all about me! Grandpas are like that.