Mini Submarine

FreeWilly

I was browsing a luxury buyer's catalog with boats, called Dupont Regristry, and I came across these little personal submarines. How cool would it be to explore some coral reefs with something like that! I'm not sure how safe they are and there wasn't a price tag, but I can't imagine they are cheap.

bikerjoe

That's one of those 'just won the lottery' things you'd go out and buy. I love the idea because I'm not clausterphobic at all.

campershell

I am not that brave to go at it alone though, but it would be thrilling to explore the underwater world without having to wear an oxygen mask.

campclose

Wow - sounds pretty cool! I would love to own one or at least go out in one. I love looking underwater and think this would be a cool way to do it. I wonder how much they cost?

Gunny Webb

Outdoor Member
Building one runs 20 to 60 grand for a basic sub. All are special purpose built because of engineering sophistication. Most are small electric motor powered and have no real range. Some are in the 20 meter length with a diesel but don't have much of a depth range. Just designing one with a 200 foot depth rating and a 50 mile range is a true pain in the rear.
Owning a Psub as they are called puts you in what is known as the "Smallest club in the world". Google psub or personal sub. There's some good info out there.