New Tent

Roybrew

My wife has been wanting a new tent. She found one at a local big box store, and it was on sale.Compress_20240619_014922_2319.jpg
I was very skeptical. I like the cabin style tent, but uh I don't know about this.

After we returned home with it, I put it up.Compress_20240619_015601_1155.jpgCompress_20240619_015601_1344.jpg
It went up quick and easy. No poles to put together. It had guy lines in the corners for staking out. No rain fly? Uh no I wasn't happy about that. So anyhow in I went. It has two small vents in the topCompress_20240619_015601_1511.jpg
Not to bad I guess? I don't camp in hot weather, so as long as there is no moisture build up it should be fine. Then I got looking at the seamsCompress_20240619_015602_2000.jpgCompress_20240619_015601_1784.jpg
They were all taped except down low where the floor was sewn to the sides. I'm impressed. I've never had a tent with taped seams.

The size and shape I do like. I like being able to stand upright in a tent and I like the, almost, vertical walls. Another thing I am happy with is the mostly square floor plan. When we go camping we take an inflatable air bed, I hate those things. I don't think they are very comfortable either. My wife prefers to be warm when she sleeps. She would slide over next to me, and then I would get uncomfortably hot. So I would try to slide away to cool off. Well a big air mattress will not work in this tent. We will need our own cots! Yay no more wife making me sweat in the middle of the night, and no more someone stealing my covers. This tent may work out.
Roy

Attachments

Northern Dancer

My wife has been wanting a new tent. She found one at a local big box store, and it was on sale.View attachment 4418
I was very skeptical. I like the cabin style tent, but uh I don't know about this.

After we returned home with it, I put it up.View attachment 4420View attachment 4421
It went up quick and easy. No poles to put together. It had guy lines in the corners for staking out. No rain fly? Uh no I wasn't happy about that. So anyhow in I went. It has two small vents in the topView attachment 4422
Not to bad I guess? I don't camp in hot weather, so as long as there is no moisture build up it should be fine. Then I got looking at the seamsView attachment 4423View attachment 4424
They were all taped except down low where the floor was sewn to the sides. I'm impressed. I've never had a tent with taped seams.

The size and shape I do like. I like being able to stand upright in a tent and I like the, almost, vertical walls. Another thing I am happy with is the mostly square floor plan. When we go camping we take an inflatable air bed, I hate those things. I don't think they are very comfortable either. My wife prefers to be warm when she sleeps. She would slide over next to me, and then I would get uncomfortably hot. So I would try to slide away to cool off. Well a big air mattress will not work in this tent. We will need our own cots! Yay no more wife making me sweat in the middle of the night, and no more someone stealing my covers. This tent may work out.
Roy
-----> It's always exciting getting a new tent. And the price was "I just have to buy it" kind of a deal. Great Stuff. I hope you get to use it often and very soon. And about airbeds? I think it's probably a good idea to pick up some camp cots. After all, you can put them together and hold hands through the night. :Smile2: