Outside the Lines

hikingprincess

Have you ever gone 'outside the lines' so to speak? I mean the places in parks they tell you not to go. I have only done it once and I stopped to take my picture next to the sign that said do not go any further.

Fox38

Sure, we have gone off the trails many times. There are signs everywhere saying enter at your own risk. A lot of times we go close to the edge of the gorges. I'm always careful though.

TribalP

Yes I often go beyond the area I am allowed to be, but never go too far from the signs. I just love the thrill and never want to risk myself or other people.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
I don't go where they don't want people to go. They are generally trying to preserve some of the natural landscape and wildlife, and intrusion into these areas compromises those efforts.

I can't say that I have never done it, because as teens we frequently went to those secret spots that had signs saying to keep out. But these days and many miles later, I am very mindful of the impact of my wanderings and I stay out of areas I'm not supposed to be in.

hikingprincess

For the most part I feel the same way Northern. I only did it the once and that was fairly recently. I wanted a quick picture of the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and couldn't get the shot from the 'approved' area. So I climbed the fence and got closer.