Rent or buy?

Thelosthiker

I am going snowboarding at mt. charleston next week. Would you happen to know any clothing that will keep me super warm and that is affordable? or should I just rent the clothes for $40 for one day? I would like to have my own clothing, in case of any future trips, but I don't know how often that will happen, so maybe I should just rent the clothes?

FireBuilder

My kids wear the same Under Armor that they wear for their sports teams. They layer that with flannel-lined jeans and snow pants and they are good-to-go.

Unless you're saying that you don't own cold weather gear at all - snow pants, snow jacket, etc...

Thelosthiker

My kids wear the same Under Armor that they wear for their sports teams. They layer that with flannel-lined jeans and snow pants and they are good-to-go.

Unless you're saying that you don't own cold weather gear at all - snow pants, snow jacket, etc...
I don't own any cold weather gear at all.

Jobiwan

Unless you plan on spending a buttload of money on new winter clothes you may want to just rent.

My winter-wear sums up close to $450 and that's not including my boots.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Losthiker, look on the internet for military surplus. Buy a set of polypropylene under wear. buy the pants, the shirt and a balaclava (head gear). They'll keep you toasty.

ChadTower

Yeah, Underarmor is way expensive and caters to people who don't look around or care about brand. I'm looking forward to when Champion gets into cold weather gear the way they did into hot weather wicking clothes.