Solar powered torch light

Greenjack

Is there any solar powered torch light available on the market? I would love to have one. I think it would be useful and cost efficient to use the torch light during your camping or trekking trips.

Ilovelife

Yeah they do make them but I find that they are not as bright. I also find that you want to get one that has a battery back up.. just in case the solar part fails (which it probably won't).

KeikoOka

For about $20 you can get a pretty decent solar flashlight. The one I have is very bright so you might have just gotten a brand that wasn't as good as some of the others. If you find a brand you like stick with it.

Greenjack

Thanks for the information guys. Twenty dollars for a torch light is really cheap considering that you wouldn't need batteries to power it. Though, I agree with idea of getting the one which has a battery backup.

Gracy

The solar powered torch lights I've seen still required a battery..... hmmm I wonder why?

OutdoorsGirl

I have solar lights that I use strictly for camping. I have to make sure they are well charged but they light up the campsite enough to get around and find your way to the bathroom.