Survivorman: Real or not?

jason

fear no beer
They do not state if he is completely on his own, or if he has a team that helps him out on this show. What are your thoughts? Is he unassisted, or does he get help from others on the show?

boxoff

I'm a fan of the show regardless if it's real or not. I doubt the guy is on his own once the cameras are turned off. I heard they canceled the show. I enjoy man vs. wild better anyways. Sometimes when he's climbing rocks and stuff they have a camera crew following him up the rock. Unless their cameraman is the amazing hulk I don't know how he does it. What makes you think they dont have something that assits the surviorman up the rocks as well? It wouldn't shock me

fbird

he's more informative than man vs wild. most people try what you see on man vs wild wouldn't survive.

SQuirrel

Well, first of all they do state it very clearly, Les Stroud (survivorman) is alone. He carries all his gear with him sets up his own shots and is more than twice as hardcore as Bear Grylls (Man Vs Wild)

Les is a survivalist. Bear is well, a dumbass. Bear will put himself into dangerous situations that should not be atempted even by those in dire straights. I have seen him drop into a canyon he had no idea how to get out of. And he was recomending you do the same thing. Bear will say I'm going to show you how to survive if you accidentaly fall in the water. You first take off all your clothes and build a fire. Then you accidentaly fall in, get out, and go huddle by the fire and put on your dry clothes. Am I the only one that has a problem with this. You can notice when he is in copper canyon, he stands at the top of a gorge wondering how to get down. In the background you can see a nice easy switch back behind him. Bear will have his crew help him make rope, or shelter. He will not often spend the night out either. Youll notice in the morning he will ocasionaly have changed his clothes.

Bassicly Les is hardcore, and Bear is a bad influence.