Sweet Potatoes

Alliegator

We love campfire baked potatoes and our sweet potato crop has come on now too. We took some last weekend with us to an overnight camp out and baked them in foil with brown sugar and butter! Mmmmmm. Yummy. You can even put marshmallows in them after they come out of the fire and they are super good. I could eat my weight in these.

SallyA

Those sound like they're very good. I'll have to try them when we go camping. How long does it take them to get done? What did you have with them?

Camoguy

Yum! That sounds good. My local steak house has baked sweet potatoes you can get instead of their baked potatoes. I get one every time we go in. I would much rather have a baked sweet potato instead of a plain baked potato.

TribalP

I also love sweet potatoes especially in my camping trips. Similar to you, I love them baked but sometimes I just boil them. It's easier and healthier though the boiled potatoes are less tasty than the baked ones.

faye

I too, love them baked in a foil but I better try boiling them and mash them along with butter, milk, salt and pepper. It's a good side dish to go along with grilled steak or fish!

foxylady

I love baked sweet potatoes. How long does it take in the fire? On the grill it just always seems to take forever! I have never really thought about taking them camping though that's a good idea.