swiming the amazon!

Bill D

Martin Strel - Amazon Swim 2007

Did anyone see this guy? I couldn't picture ever doing this. Don't parania live there? All the other stuff in that river that could get you? But I got to hand it to him, something around 3,300 miles in 66 days.

greengrass

No thank you! lol The idea of all the big snakes, scary fish and other reptiles and wildlife terrify me. I could never do something that creepy.

Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that before.

Taggart

I agree, I'd never try that. I'm sure there are species in the Amazon that could be very dangerous.

I don't know this guy's background - Maybe if you're very familiar with the area you can avoid problems with the native creatures. It sounds like a "Crocodile Hunter" stunt to me.

Barney

Oh my God, tell me that he just did not do that?! He is a legend then. Not a very smart legend but still, a legend. :D

calanta

A legend no doubt but yea that would be a little scary. I am sure if I were:

• not a parent now
  • very well intoxicated
I *might* attempt that, but still that is some scary stuff. Outdoors yes, in the big A. I doubt it. :D

HereToday

I agree with all the *sane* posters who would not want to try this death-defying swim.
Piranhas, yes, but snakes that swim! I've always had a fear of snakes in the water, not sure why. Brown water isn't very inviting, as well:stop:!