This ever happen to you?

flylady

No, thankfully this has never happened to me. I have been chased by a goose at my doctor's office before. They had a pond on the back of the property and a goose built a nest under one of the trees near the parking lot. I guess I parked too close.

Barney

I can't help but laugh how scared the guy was to get back on his kayak. :) I bet he'll always turn to check if some goose is giving him the evil eye.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Well, Sarge, they make a nice Christmas dinner but being attacked by a goose can be pretty bad. They are very territorial and if you get near their nest or young, you stand a good chance of having the hell beat out of you. Sure they bite but it's those wings you have to watch out for. They have a bony knuckle at the middle joint (elbow) and they'll beat you bloody with them.

outwest

I have heard they can get pretty nasty. I guess that is what happens if you attempt to be nice and feed the wild animals.

Newanderthal

Saw a security guard at one of the refineries get chased off by a goose. Glad that facility is secure.

oldsarge

Every year, the soccer field across the street from my house is a stopping point for gease flying south. The local kids will try to sneak up on them but never get too close before spooking them off. They also try to feed them bread. On a few occasion I'll hear the kids screaming as they run off with a goose right behind them.

megawalker

Never forget taking my niece to feed a flock of geese when she was about four. We get out of the car and were stampeded. Tough to act like strong aunt when you're totally freaked out yourself. Thankfully we got into the car safely. (left the bread behind of course)

perchbutt

perchbutt
Hehe-
haven't had that kind of fun since I was a wee kid and thought to try to ride my grandpa's big white barnyard geese hoping they'd like to join a game of "lets pretend we're the Lone Ranger and Silver". They didn't.

SweetSassyLady

Geese are mean little buggers. I've been chased by enough when I was a kid. They would pinch a piece out of you with that nasty little beak and then flog you with their wings. I would run like the wind when one of them would start chasing me. I finally got a dog and they stopped chasing me.

hummingbird

I don't like larger birds at all. I used to get flogged all of the time when I was a child and had to feed the chickens. I had one old rooster in particular that loved to chase me down and flog me. I hated that chicken. I finally got my revenge though, Dad killed him and we had him for Sunday dinner one Sunday. :)