Up The Creek Without A Paddle

flylady

Have you ever found yourself up the creek without your paddle? I did. I was on the upper end of a local reservoir where the waters are calmer and no speed boats were allowed. When I was reeling in a fish I accidentally hit the oar and over it went. The current was strong due to recent rain and there went my paddle. I was there for hours before another boat came along and rescued me.

jason

fear no beer
I bought a cheap paddle that you have to assemble. But it is perfect for a spare just in case paddle. Now if I could only remember to take it with me. On a side note, I want to try and find something like a large ping pong paddle to take with me. The idea is when I'm fishing I could use that to turn the kayak with one hand and still hold the pole in the other without having to get the bigger paddle.

ultimatesurvivor

Buying a paddle made out of two parts and assembling it inside the ring is probably the best choice, you can't really lose it unless you try really really hard to do just that. Change the holding ring form an U to an O if it's not already like that, and you are ready to go.

palabratic

The Arcticllama
I have used saplings before.. they work for poling or paddling.. not very efficient for paddling but they work..
I always bring a spare paddle tho..(now)