Waterfalls

FreeWilly

Have you ever hiked in areas that have nice waterfalls and clear water that you could swim in? I have a close friend that has pictures from when he was in South America down in Venezuela and they are some of the most awesome places I've seen pictures of. While it was hot out, he said that water was really cold though. I hope to go to some place like that.

Grandpa

Clear Water?? Is this clear enough?

[/IMG]

Waterfalls? Try this

[/IMG]

Or this

[/IMG]

Yes, we visit large beautiful waterfalls that you not only can swim in but can probably drink the water untreated. (We filter anyway, just to be sure)

Grandpa

If you really want to see some gorgeous waterfalls, you must take a back country hike in the southwestern corner of Yellowstone and the surrounding rivers of eastern Idaho.

Upper and lower Mesa Falls on the Warm River, Cave Falls, Union Falls, Morning Falls on the Fall River, Upper and Lower Colonade Falls, Iris Falls, Ouzel Falls, Bechler Falls on the Bechler river, Dununda Falls, Silver Lace Falls on Boundary creek. And so many more.
Maybe I'll do an album just of waterfalls you can't drive to.

yosemitecamper

Great Waterfalls that you can swim in.

I live in Arizona and went to Havasupai in 2009. The pools below the falls are ridiculous. slightly chilly but during the hot summer months, well worth the chill.

Chris
campingatyosemite.com
camparizona.com

Otto

This place water is so clear and the fall it looks so beautiful.

georgia_outdoors

Amicalola Falls in North Georgia has a beautiful waterfall. You can visit GA's state parks website for pics, but as beautiful as they are, they still don't do it justice. There's nothing like being in front a gushing waterfall to take your breath away!!

outwest

A waterfall is one of the things in nature that I love taking photos of, its how I got into photography (nothing major) in the first place. I try to find at least one new place a year to take a few shots from and most times the land around it is amazing to hike.

Gunny Webb

Outdoor Member
Went on a waterfall trip in the Sipsey Wilderness in AL last March. It rained for 3 days right before we went and the falls were rolling.
Always wanted to do Yellowstone and Glacier Parks to see their waterfalls.