When to buy and where

Hikebike

When do you think is the best time to look for a camper? We want a hard shell camper but nothing too big. I am thinking I will buy one from an individual instead of a RV dealer. Where would you start to look? I have been looking at prices for cabins and I think we need to get a camper soon!

T

tentrus

Craigslist is a great place to start. I would also check your local paper in the Classified section. Another great place is to call the campgrounds around your house, sometimes people leave flyers there when they are trying to sell a camper.

Good luck!

LittleLady

I agree. Check Craigslist and local classifieds. There are websites set up just for the re-sale of campers. I don't know about the best time, I'd think it would be during colder seasons, but I can't imagine it would make that much of a difference.

CozInCowtown

I think late summer or mid-winter would be when I would start looking.
Fall brings out the hunters looking for deer camps.
After hunting season (Jan/Feb) is probably a good time to look around for a bargain also.
I agree with Craigslist and classifieds as where to look.
DC

WalkingMan

Absolutely, CozInCowtown. If you wait until the end of the season, there are usually a lot more to pick from. People don't want to store or pay for storage for them, so they are usually ready to get rid of them.