breakfast

riskey58

My favorite breakfast is bacon and eggs. My husband always cooks breakfast outside when we camp. It taste so good.

atula

I love the way my husband barbeques in our mini barbeque when we are out and almost everything cooked in that tastes marvellous.

justontime

I love bacon, eggs, and tomatoes on toast and it tastes much better if I don't have to cook it. My husband usually cooks it.

tater03

My husband also makes my favorite breakfast. It is an egg, cheese and bacon omelet. Which I am now hungry for.

tater03

I actually had my hubby make me up an omelet the next day. These are really my downfall. Thank goodness he won't make them every day!

justontime

I do most of the cooking when we are at home so I really enjoy the luxury of having my husband make breakfast for me.

rubybeetle

We're not big breakfast eaters at home, so I always pack breakfast bars and cold cereal, but it never fails, when we are camping the whole family wakes up craving bacon and eggs!

SQuirrel

While backpacking, oatmeal is usually the standard. If you can pack in fresh eggs thougfh you can make an omlette like thing without the mess by boiling in a plastic bag. Yes, beat the eggs, and then add the eggs, cheese and whatever meats and vegies you usually put in you omelette into a ziplock bag. squeeze out as much air as you can and drop into boiling water. Boil for anywhere between 7 to 10 minutes depending on elevation (water boils at a lower temperature at higher elevations) It's not quite an omelette but it's close enough, and you dont make a mess in your pan.

deltic

My favorite breakfast is bacon and eggs. My husband always cooks breakfast outside when we camp. It taste so good.
I like bacon and eggs too, why is it that men are keen to cook outside but when they get home they don't seem interested?

poster25

I like an scrambled eggs and canned corned beef hash. Sometimes if I remember to bring them, I like to open up a can of sliced pineapples and eat with it.

Kitten

I'm not a big breakfast eater really, so I prefer to stick to things like muffins that are easily packed and stored.

justontime

I like an scrambled eggs and canned corned beef hash. Sometimes if I remember to bring them, I like to open up a can of sliced pineapples and eat with it.
I have never made scrambled eggs when camping because it is hard to get them just right (and it is hard to clean the pan!)

poster25

Just get a non stickpan. They are pretty easy to do. But, then I like hard scrambled eggs anyway.

katharina

We're not big breakfast eaters at home, so I always pack breakfast bars and cold cereal, but it never fails, when we are camping the whole family wakes up craving bacon and eggs!
Hehe I've noticed that, too! There's something about the fresh air that awakes the "bacon beast" in people, I think.

Good reason for that, too... does *anything* smell better than campfire bacon and/or coffee?

campclose

I would say breakfast is my favorite meal when camping. We usually have big breakfasts each morning and then little lunches.

My favorite is fried potatoes (from the salt potatoes the night before), eggs (scrambled), toast/bagels, and bacon or ham (grilled). I love this meal.

The other morning we usually have pancakes and sausage,

Nothing beats my fried potatoes in the morning.

humorris

Whilst camping my favourite breakfast is a full english breakfast, (even thought I welsh!) its just heaven after a night in a local pub.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Buster

I like to sramble eggs slowly, so they take me awhile when I am outside becasue the fire tends to be hotter than the heat on my stove. I find myself keeping the pan away from the heat so as not to over cook the eggs. I am also fond of oatmeal while camping. It is easy, and gives me the energy I need to wake up andget moving. Of course, a post of coffee doesn't hurt either.

humorris

My favourite breakfast has to be a full english breakfast, Fried Egg, Bacon, Tomato, Sausages, Baked Beans, delicious!