$3,400 tent

lbean

You have to check out this tent. It is a tent that was made for polar expeditions and is now on sale for the general public, and hey it is only $3,400, that is a real steal! :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Mysty1

Wow, I was expecting it to have a heater built in or solar panels or something for that price. I realize that when your on expeditions or just hiking that you need to have a tent that's small, light weight and portable but for this price I would have expected to be able to walk into it.

CatsEye

Yeah, I think I'll buy ten of those-not. I'm not planning on doing any camping where I would be in that type of environment so I think I'll be OK with my old Army tent. I've got to get another one since it's starting to wear out but I'd rather have something a little less pricey.

IndianaHiker

That tent is in a typical price point for tents used in that conditions. The wind 100 mph not uncommon and the extreme temps will cause most others to fail. Also the fabric has to breath or the condensation would cause serious problems in the tent.

Philly

As much as I like to have a tent like that, I can't buy one as my budget is tight. I don't have a plan to camp on polar regions so I guess I don't need one yet. Maybe if someone invites me to an expedition then I might have to save money for it.

paloma

It looks great but not practical in my location. The other tent choices are much more suited for my camping needs. I could get 3 of the better ones on the same site for that price.

Seven

Not practical is exactly what I was thinking. I also could not pay the equivalent of 4 house payments for a tent I may use 3 weeks a year!

jake_6_6

I guess tents are like anything else, you can spend whatever you want on one. I don't think I'll be ordering one of those. I don't think Lower Alabama is considered "polar conditions"...