Anyone Have A Plan?

Qweetzy

After the tragedy in Japan, I was thinking what would I do if something like that happened to me. I have several alternative plans that I have worked out but they are truly specialized and I have a huge hill in back of me that I can head to. Do you have a plan?

Grandpa

Simple plan for me. Staying right here. This is "the gathering" place for the family.

Pepsigal

My parents live close and their house is the "go to" spot. I am not sure how we would handle it though, other than that, we haven't really discussed it much.

Judy Ann

Qweetzy, In my opinion it would be best to have a family meeting place. Natural or otherwise to meet at ASAP. "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts."

Pepsigal: Kudos for having a meeting place, more than the average American probably! Your family will make plans around the "natural" emergency as it presents itself. As with most families that have some back-up plan...getting there ASAP is critical. It sounds as if you have a grasp on what is going on in this world, but for now Pepsigal...enjoy life, your new guy and your family.

Last edited:

SweetSassyLady

We have a spot in the woods in back of our house that we can get to that is the meeting place. Now that the kids are getting a bit older and COULD get out and run on their own, I feel much safer if they know where to go to. We also have a few conveniences stashed away out there such as some canned goods and a few camping supplies, just in case.

dinosaur

troublemaker
My "plan" is to stay on my ranch heavily armed while waiting for post apocalyptic inevitabilities and growing a third eye in the middle of my forehead.

I wonder if I'll be able to sight through it?

Newanderthal

learn about the potential natural disasters in your area (hurricanes along the coast, quakes along the faults, duststorms out west, etc.) and prepare for them. Also, if you live near a major industrial place with lots of refineries, you might want to prepare for that also. A chemical leak could be worse than a natural disaster.

In Louisiana I had a hurricane box. It was a large plastic tub filled with emergency food, batteries, etc. in case of a major hurricane. When they hit our area, I'd sometimes be without power for as long as a month (Hurricane Rita). Since I was prepared, it was like an extended camping trip.

outdoorlover001

we also have a go to place, actually several of them according to the conditions involved.I have several vehicles equipped for fast getting out of town situations. we all have bug out kits ready and survival kits with us at all times just in case we cant get to the bug out kits. with everthing thats going on in the world today, it would take someone with theyre head in the sand not to prepare somehow. rememeber, your only a victim if you let yourself be.i know i will be accused of being paranoid, so what!!!!!!!

dinosaur

troublemaker
I feel sorry for those people in Japan.
Yeah, I feel sorry for them also. I also feel sorry for every child in the U.S. who had to grow up fatherless after Pearl Harbor. I further feel for the people who participated in the Bataan Death March, their families, and those otherwise affected. I feel for the Chinese and the unspeakable atrocities commited by the invading Japanese armies in WWII.

Oddly, I haven't seen any relief efforts for these people. They never got any. I feel for the people in Japan, but I'm not going to help. It's a horrible thing, but memories last.

outdoorlover001

so true dino. had 2 uncles who were POW's during the Koren war, it was just as bad. If people knew all the horrible things the Japs did to our POW's,t we would not have stopped with just 2 bombs/

TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE SERVED--- THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WITHOUT THE EFFORTS OF THESE PEOPLE THERE IS NO TELLING WHERE WE WOULD BE.

THE NEXT TIME YOU`R IN A RESTARUANT AND SEE A SERVICEMAN/ WOMAN BUY THEIR MEAL SHOW THEM THANKS.
SHAKE THE HAND OF A VETERN AND SAY THANKYOU.

EyeOfThePark

There is no sea in my area, so I don't think a flood could reach my city. We never had any tornadoes either.

As far as earthquakes are concerned, if a big one would hit, our apartment buildings would probably collapse very quickly. I don't really have a survival plan, to be honest.