Anyone Have Anything Odd Happen On A Trip?

Thumper

We were going up in the mountains once down in the Smokies in Tennessee. We had hiked for several hours and were sitting very quietly eating lunch. We weren't talking, just sitting. All of the sudden, we looked up and we see an Indian in war dress with the face paint and all. I thought it was odd but we spoke to him. He threw up his hand and just walked away. Now I wouldn't have thought it was strange but we asked a ranger when we got back to the ranger's post at the bottom, we asked about the reenactment that was going on that day. The ranger told us they hadn't had anything scheduled for the past month. So either he was on his own, or we saw something really weird.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I guess Shakespeare was right. There are more things in heaven and earth than you can dream of, Horatio.

RatherBRiding

Once I was driving through rural Maryland on my way to a campsite. My radio went to static, and my gas gauge slowly dropped to 1/2 tank. A year later I was driving that same stretch of road on the way to that same camp site, the gas gauge having been stuck on 1/2 tank for the entire year. Around the same place on that same road, my radio again went to static and my gas gauge slowly drifted back up to where it belonged. It has worked ever since.

Alliegator

RatherBRiding, that sounds like electrical interference. Do you pass under high power electric lines on that trip? If you have a newer model car it would affect the gas gauge as well as the radio.

lbean

About ten years ago we were camping and my dad swears he saw a panther. We just thought he was pulling our leg and trying to scare us. Then about 3 days later we see an article in the paper that a local farm had a panther escape from and enclosure!