Arkansas Flood Hits Popular Campground

RoughRider

A flood hit a popular campground in Arkansas the 12th early in the morning. It pretty much wiped out the campground and they are still looking for survivors at this point. They also are having trouble with phone and cell phone service so they are still trying to find everyone. The people in the campground had no warning and it was a flash flood. Here's a link to the story:

Agonizing Wait for Flood Survivors in Arkansas

Grady

I was watching that on the news yesterday. How tragic. Last I heard there were 18 dead and 3 missing. The video footage was crazy, showing cars stuck halfway up trees and such. I sincerely hope they find the 3 that were still missing as of last night.

lovetohunt

How scary is that! I have never been to Arkansas before. I can't imagine being camping and then being flooded. I bet the families are super scared! How tragic it is!

Luvoutdoors

I saw yesterday where they found the 20th body and that was supposed to be the last person that was missing. That is just so sad...people just on vacation with their families I can't even imagine.

FernGully

This is so tragic. I wonder if there's a way they could have an emergency warning. I know an air siren would be hard on the wildlife, but if there was one, it might have saved some lives.

RoughRider

FernGully, I think this was a flash flood which would be hard to warn about. Sometimes those walls of water just come down streams and rivers quickly so there would be no warning. It's tragic and I know those families are in a horrible situation right now. I really feel for them. It's hard to lose someone let alone lose someone like that.