Arrowhead Park ----->

Northern Dancer

It rained and rained, and rained for a full three hours and a half during the night.
It remained consistent and it didn't soften neither was it hard.
It just rained with no help from a storm field or a high wind to make it growl.
I was testing a new ultra-strong, quiet-sounding tarp.
It rained and rained and the tarp worked perfectly.
I'll be buying another one as a kitchen fly.

This A-Frame doesn't require a fly but I knew the weather pattern would bring heavy rain.
As well as keeping the tent dry it also provided shelter from the hot sun.
I use this tent for tripping because it is lightweight and it only has two guy lines for the roof.

The tarp will replace this green one that has seen years of service.
The lights dangling are motion lights which are helpful at night.

Roybrew

What size is that blue tarp? I've got one for my hammock. It's an odd shape, but not very large.

Northern Dancer

What size is that blue tarp? I've got one for my hammock. It's an odd shape, but not very large.
----->Hi!
The tarp is a 12 x 14 Chinook Technical Outdoor Guide Silver-Coated HD Tarp. Theoretically, the silver coat goes inward to keep the warmth in/down and up to keep the heat out. I don't see much difference, though I see it in the wintertime.

Depending on the hammock you have there are tarps designed for that purpose.

Amazon has a large collection. Shop carefully, compare prices, and buy on sale. Be cautious when the manufacturer offers, pegs, guylines, and this and that. My experience suggests that good products pay attention to the product specifically and leave the rest of the stuff for you to purchase separately.