Biscuits On A Stick

Shanna

I was talking to my sister's son the other day and we were discussing what he wanted for breakfast the morning after he spent the night with us. The conversation got around to biscuits and he made the comment that when he was in Boy Scout's they had taken canned biscuits and wrapped them around a clean stick and then baked them around the fire. He maintains that was the best biscuit he ever had. Has anyone tried this?

Gondor

:) Idea is not that bad and it seems very tasty, although I have never tried it myself. Did you went for and baked them eventually?

drake

Wow biscuit on a stick. By the way, what was the brand of the canned biscuit that they used? It sounds good to eat, I might try doing that.

camp1

What fun for the kids! I have never heard of this before. I am going to give it a try next summer when we go camping. I can make the eggs and the kids can cook the biscuits.

Shanna

I'm pretty sure it was just run of the mill canned biscuits. Of course you have to back off on the heat because they will burn on the outside and not cook on the inside.

bugsy

I have never heard of that either. It sure sounds good. At home I will use the frozen dough that is shaped like a triangle. I wrap it around a hotdog and bake them. I wonder if that would work on a camp fire?

Traveler

This sounds really interesting. We did a lot of interesting things when I was a boy scout like finding different kinds of ants and cooking eggs with mud.

I might try this biscuit-on-a-stick when I go camping with my nephews.