Bought some new goodies today:)

LittleLady

Finally, I got a new tent! I've been considering it for awhile, but finally got one. It's a 3 room tent that sleeps 9! We have a big family, and I love that the kids don't have access to a door in their "room". I also got a couple tent fans, which I've never had before. Can't wait to use it all.

freedommachine

I am always thrilled to when me and my wife get new camping gear. Our last fun purchase was a backpack for our husky. It sounds like you got a good tent. Can you post any pics of it? I have considered the fans to,what brand of fan did you get?

Smack

We had a two room tent once, but that's the biggest we've ever had. Usually, us kids wanted our own pup tents, so mom and dad slept in the two room tent, and used the other "room" as storage and to hold groceries and coolers.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Who gets to carry and set up that monster??
More than likely, a car carries it. It does take a bit to set up. I had one but never took it camping. I set it up in the back yard about twenty feet from the swimming pool so my daughter and her friends could use it for changing and stowing their gear during my daughter's pool parties.

Last edited:

Sammee

I struggle to put a tent up every time, no matter what it's size. The last one we bought, the guy in the shop demonstrated how to erect it and it looked really easy but could I do it as quickly? Of course not!

LittleLady

The kids are too young for any back country camping. It will be used in parks and camping grounds, so no carrying it far. The husband will be in charge of set up, but I'll help where I can. He's going to practice here before we take it anywhere. I'll get some pictures when he sets it up! :)

Grandpa

Grandma insists on a big enough tent to stand up in when we go tailgate camping. She would love a tent this big so all the little rug rats could stay there too. One grandson is notorious for doing the "anazasi rain dance" during the night. Put him to bed in one corner and the next morning he'll be in the other corner with his head in the bottom of the sleeping bag, along with a bunch of shouts and yells in his sleep. It's bad enough that ole dog snores so loud without listening to kids having big noisy dreams.

Judy Ann

Grandma insists on a big enough tent to stand up in when we go tailgate camping. She would love a tent this big so all the little rug rats could stay there too. One grandson is notorious for doing the "anazasi rain dance" during the night. Put him to bed in one corner and the next morning he'll be in the other corner with his head in the bottom of the sleeping bag, along with a bunch of shouts and yells in his sleep. It's bad enough that ole dog snores so loud without listening to kids having big noisy dreams.
LOL!!! I'm taking my sister, her family, and friends of the neice and nephew out on their first car camping trip to the Nantahala Forest (Smoky Mtns). I love my tent with room to stand up in, but my sister and husband will get that, I'll get my backpacking tent and the girls will get whatever tent my sister buys. I think my nephew will be with me and the ol' dog. I cannot begin to imagine what I have gotten myself into...hopefully they won't think to charge for the entertainment.

On the other hand, I hope that my first backpacking trip in the next month will be just as enjoyable for me as I hope their experience is for them...I hope...I hope...I pray!

greentea

Setting up the new style tents was never a problem for me, since they are pretty much made to be set up as fast as you can, although I do carry a smaller tent since I go off on backpacking trips and carrying anything above 20 pounds would make the trek much more interesting.

Camoguy

We have a daughter who tends to sleepwalk sometimes. I would rather have somewhere I can control her comings and goings too. It's hilarious sometimes but then again, sometimes, she gets into some hairy situations. We've had to put inside and outside key locks on our doors at home so she can't get out.

bachse

I recently got one of those rooftop tents. They are pretty awesome. I guess its kind of a two roomer, but its more like a tent with a day room attachment. I am super excited to test it out this summer.

BritishInvasion

I always do a practice set up 2 or 3 times before I take it out for the real deal. The practice def helps, and ive found that the method the directions tell you isnt always the best way - sometimes its up to you to find the quickest and most effective way to pitch it.

BUUZBEE

Tent Camper :)
I can feel your excitement! I feel the same way... we just got back from a long weekend camping at the lake and we used the same 2 room tent we've been using for about 15-20 years! big old clucky poles! we finally invested in a new one... its the Coleman "instant" 14x10 8 person tent. Its supposed to go up in under a minute!
We'll be using it for the first time next month :)

hippieP

Never played much with tent fans but that could come in handy. I love the idea of a big roomy tent but our family is not large enough for something that sized unless you count the cats too!

Grandpa

Grandma likes big tents and grandpa likes little tents and all for the same reason. Grandkids want to stay with grandma and grandpa.

hweiner

My husband and I usually go out camping with another family of 4... Never thought about purchasing a tent that large but perhaps it'd be nice to have everyone under one roof.. Let us know how it works out!