Buying a used pop up

Hyde

I have seen a lot of pop ups being sold on Craigslist. Where I live a lot of people have lost jobs so they are selling them pretty cheap. Would you feel bad for buying a used pop up from someone who is selling out of desperation, not because they want to?

Grandpa

If you're feeling bad, give them a little extra. I'm sure they are glad to get what they get even if they are not happy having to do it. I'm afraid there will be a lot more of that sooner than later. And he may find a job about the time yours runs out.

Ilovelife

If they don't sell to you they will sell to someone. That is what desperation is all about, doing what it takes to get by. I think Grandpa has a wonderful idea.

wvbreamfisherman

Grandpa is right- obviously they need the money more than they need the pop-up just now. By buying it at a fair price you may be giving them the help they need to get over a tough spot.

ejdixon

If you've checked the popup and it's in really good condition, be willing to offer the seller a fair price and just tell them that you're doing it because it's worth it. :)

isabelle

Saying you're broke and selling something is a good marketing ploy-not to put down anyone who is actually going through this. We picked up some good equipment on Craigslist for my GS troop.

rockin

Why would I feel bad? They need money and I want a pop-up. It's a win-win situation for all involved. I'm thinking that they would only sell if they had to have the money. I would not mess with them over the price though.

carmen

I like the idea rockin has here too, for me business is business. Even if that business is my overall pleasure when it comes to buying something that I want, need and can use.