Camper's Spaghetti

southerngal

My family loves spaghetti so when I was loking around online I was very happy to find a spaghetti recipe for the dutch oven. I made it at home last night and it was pretty good.

Baked Spaghetti
•1 large onion, chopped
•1 clove of garlic, minced
•4 tablespoons shortening
•1/2 lb ground beef
•2 cups water
•2 cans tomato soup
•2 teaspoons chili powder
•1/2 lb uncooked spaghetti
•1 cup grated sharp cheese
Cook onion and garlic in shortening in Dutch Oven. Add beef and cook. Stir occasionally. Drain excess grease. Mix in the soup, water and chili powder and cook a few minutes longer. Break spaghetti into inch pieces and stir into sauce until all covered. Bake for about 1 hour. Stir approximately every 15 minutes. Then add cheese to top. Bake another 15 minutes.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Interesting but "tomato soup"?? Sounds awful. Why can't you just substitute some premade spaghetti sauce?

LivingToCamp

Well I imagine you could substitute it if you wanted too but the soup sounds fine to me and this whole recipe sounds good too. Thanks for adding it, I'm going to try it out. :)

charley

Ilike spaghetti. I like camping. I have friends that like spaghetti when camping. I think spqaghetti is too much of a mess when camping. That sounds like a good recipe though.

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
Interesting but "tomato soup"?? Sounds awful. Why can't you just substitute some premade spaghetti sauce?
Yeah I'm thinking this would be WAY on the sweet side for our family, we're more of a garlic style sauces so this probably wouldn't go too well.

rockin

Yeah it doesn't really sound good to me either. I don't like leaving noodles cooking too long, they get mushy. I don't like the sound of tomato soup either.