Camping alone or with others?

campclose

We always camp with other families. We are a family of 3 (1 child), so we camp with other families that have kids. It's probably one of my daughters favorite thing to do in the summer. She is able to hang out with other kids, and be outside.

Last year I started to let her bring a friend camping with us. It seems to work out well. Most of the other kids that are with us are boys (that are her age). Bringing a friend works out well for all of us.

When you camp do you camp with other families? Or just your family? We have never camped just the 3 of us.

failghe

I have camped with friends, the cub scouts, just us family, and with another family. They all have there positives and sorta negatives. Not everybody wants to do the same thing or it takes forever for everybody to decide what to do and when. But you can do whatever you want, when you want to. You pick up little tricks from everyone. I like both with other people and by ourselves. The kids and us always meet new friends when camping. It brings the family closer either way :)

deltic

We prefer to camp on our own, we like our own company and it is nice just to think of ourselves for a change.

Hunter

We have two adults and three children in our immediate family. While, we have tried camping out with friends and family in the past; we have found that we like camping to ourselves much better. Although, we still will occasionally camp out with the outlaws and cousins, but only on a rare family reunion.

We never really camp out alone, as far as a secluded site. We always camp in a well-lighted campground with close amenities and security on site. Even though, we would hope the majority of campers are only out to enjoy the great outdoors like us; we still want to err on the side of caution.

katharina

I prefer doing things like camping with just my immediate family. I don't *mind* going with others but it's always more relaxed when it's just us.

HereToday

We don't do alot of camping by ourselves anymore. We can just drive a few miles and walk trails, swim, enjoy the sights, and then go back to our comfy home!
A group of folk that my Husband used to work with will take a week and come out to camp near where we live. We hang out with them during the day and the evening, and then go home to our own bed.

firefly

I have camped both ways. I like to camp more with others along because we have more fun. I have a friend that brings his guitar and we all sing along. The kids all get along well and can find all kinds of things to do. When we go alone the kids get bored too easy.

2coastcamper

As an adult, I enjoy camping by myself. Now, I bring along my wife (of course). But when I was a kid, I seem to remember "the more the merrier" being the rule in my own head. Alone, you get the serenity and peacefulness. That's often not what a kid's looking for. I think going with other families is a great way for children to be sociable and active outside.

kernow

As an adult, I enjoy camping by myself. Now, I bring along my wife (of course). But when I was a kid, I seem to remember "the more the merrier" being the rule in my own head. Alone, you get the serenity and peacefulness. That's often not what a kid's looking for. I think going with other families is a great way for children to be sociable and active outside.
We have always gone as a family, just children parents and sometime grandparents too. The children have some very special memories of these family times, I don't think it would have been the same camping in a larger group