Camping----Just Go!

InTheWoods

Sometimes it gets hard to leave all the "stuff" behind and just get out! Camping for me helps restore my mind and body through the peace I experience when out in nature. What do you do to make yourself "get up and go"?

oldmangunner

I have camp gear already set up. I have tubs that have everything that we need all set up. If it is just me I grab my tub and if it is families I grab all of the tubs. For me having everything ready to go is great. That way I just load up and go.

freedommachine

I have camp gear already set up. I have tubs that have everything that we need all set up. If it is just me I grab my tub and if it is families I grab all of the tubs. For me having everything ready to go is great. That way I just load up and go.

Me and my wife have the same setup. Some plastic tubs all loaded up,just grab them and go,after I put food in the cooler of course. We can be packed up in less than an hour.But what makes us get up and go is the things trying to hold us down.Camping is easy. Take of friday night,spend two nights and three days,then be back to work on monday. We have a friend who has not camped but once in over 20 years,we alway invite him, but he says he has no time.(he does not work) We talk once a week on the phone and all he does is talk about the outdoors but wont make time to go. Me and my wife cannot live like that. We have to be outdoors.

KeikoOka

You know, that is not a bad idea. I suppose you would need to get supplies that are dedicated for camping instead of packing things that you would use it the house.

freedommachine

You know, that is not a bad idea. I suppose you would need to get supplies that are dedicated for camping instead of packing things that you would use it the house.
I just went to walmart and bought some plastic bins for 4 bucks. Then we went through the house and got the old kitchen stuff like spoons, forks, cooking utinsils and that way I never have to worry about forgeting the can opener,or a steak knife. Its all there and ready to. I even keep dish soap,laundry soap,wash clothes,super glue,rope etc. Its nice to be that way. All we need to pack is food,clothes.

You could just go to a dollar store and load up on the cooking utinsils,salt and pepper,table cloths,dish rags,travel bottles for soaps and all sorts of other things just to leave packed

Last edited:

Betty

Sometimes it is hard to break away from what I have going on. If I plan and make a commitment to go, then I feel better about leaving things behind.

Sarah

My husband and I used to camp regularly, then stopped for a couple of years. We've just recently started again and that's all it took. Once you get going, you might find it is much easier to leave everything behind the next time.

freedommachine

I agree with sarah,if you get out of it you kind of stay out of it. Once you get going again,theres no stopping you.

rockytibby

My husband and I love camping we go all year round. We also have are camping stuff all packed in totes and ready to go . Like are hiking packs are ready to go at the drop of a hat.