Camping Music?

Barney

What music, if any, would go best as a background for a camping video. I've been trying to assemble some family footage and been looking into various music styles.

mamabear

OK. I'm still laughing over the Deliverance one. What mood are you trying to achieve when the video is watched? That should determine the kind of music you use. Let us know what you decide.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Without viewing, here are my suggestions based on personal experiences.

Morning: Wagner's "Flight of The Valkyrie"

Mid-Day: AC/DC's "Highway To Hell"

Evening Campfire: George Thorogood's "I Drink Alone"

Cappy

Yup that amazing Grace thing is great tear jerker and very nice for a funeral. But for a family camping video???? OH, come on now. What we do is make a slide show of pictures then play it over and over while listening to our music collection. We choose several candidate songs and listen to them while looking at the pictures/video. Then Peg(the artist in the family) adjust the length of the pictures to the song phrases and aranges them to fit the music. As an example here is a video of pictures from work that Peggy set to one of my favorite Buffet songs as ya watch ya see what i mean bout editing to fit the music.

[]Pacing the Cage - YouTube

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
Some of the stuff from braveheart is awesome... Anything with pipes is generally decent. Check out national geographic's "Appalachian Trail" and "secret Yosemite" videos for ideas.
James Horner did some good stuff.... Titanic, willow, and Avatar. All use a lot of sweeping orchestral stuff which put you in the mind of grand vistas. Not much into bluegrass so I don't know much about it, but I understand it would probably fit well into the mountain theme. I'm more of a movie score guy....

oldsarge

Without viewing, here are my suggestions based on personal experiences.

Morning: Wagner's "Flight of The Valkyrie"

Mid-Day: AC/DC's "Highway To Hell"

Evening Campfire: George Thorogood's "I Drink Alone"
I can relate!

Pathfinder1

Yup that amazing Grace thing is great tear jerker and very nice for a funeral. But for a family camping video???? OH, come on now. What we do is make a slide show of pictures then play it over and over while listening to our music collection. We choose several candidate songs and listen to them while looking at the pictures/video. Then Peg(the artist in the family) adjust the length of the pictures to the song phrases and aranges them to fit the music. As an example here is a video of pictures from work that Peggy set to one of my favorite Buffet songs as ya watch ya see what i mean bout editing to fit the music.

Hi...

Thanks. Lotta talent there, Cappy...!!