Camping on your own?

OpenFire

Do you guys prefer to camp on your own in a remote location or in one of those group tent parks? Personally I prefer to go with my family to somewhere remote and stay for a week.

Captain

I like both to be honest. The kids like it when we go with a group because they have more kids to play with. I like it both ways. I enjoy the quality bonding time that we get when we go alone, and I enjoy the conversation when we go with other families.

woodsman

Depends, but most of the time it's the family and some close friends away from all the tourist places, you go camping to get away from it all not to be crowded even out there.

SmackontheWeb

Backpacking has always been a solo activity for me. The more remote, the better. I go to places where I have to hike for miles and miles before I set up base camp. There have been a few times I've gone with other people but for me, I enjoy the solitude and the whole "me vs. nature" thing.

BigBear

I'm with Gracy, I like to have our own space, but I like when people are close by using the recreational activities at the camp. The kids have made a couple of good friends while camping.

bokz

If I would camp on my own, I make sure I am not camping in a remote area where abduction might take place. I still prefer to camp around with people but sleep alone in my own tent.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
I'll take remote every time. I'm not a fan of public camping at all. Sometimes options are limited though and I would rather hit a public site than not camp at all.

I will remote-camp alone, but I prefer to have a couple people with me just for the backup if something does go wrong. No matter how experienced you are, doodoo can occur.