Camping/ Water

JameyStanley

Me and some friends are planing on going on a "survival" trip, if you would call it that. We are wanting to canoe across the lake and camp on a little island. Live off the land and the like. However I got to thinking, do we have to have permission or a permit or something to camp there on the Core's land? Also will we get fined for cutting stuff down?

ChadTower

Yeah, odds are low impact quiet camping won't even get noticed. You show up and start cutting stuff down and someone is going to get ticked off.

Benny

I don't think you can just stay in a spot for too long without raising some suspicion, however you could always try it and just play ignorant, if anyone asks....

FreshAirLover

I don't think you can do that. I suggest that you do some research about the place you want to camp. It's very likely that little island has owners who could call the authorities...

Especially in camping, it's better safe than sorry...

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
We have multiple islands on pymatuning lake, no one has ever had an issue with us camping on them. Just be respectful and take plenty of fishing gear as that's what will be most abundant!

Pepsigal

I would do a bit of research first and see what you find out, make sure if some one does own it you ask permission before going there and getting forcibly removed.