Deforestation and bushes.

greentea

I just hate areas where selective deforestation has occurred, it seems to fill the howl place up with bushes that make trekking through the area a huge pain in the backside.

flint

This is why I like remote areas which are only accessible by foot, it makes logging impossible so the area is untouched. The other upside is that you can walk for days and you might not run into another person.

Ranger

I hate it when people destroy nature to fill their pockets. They are not only doing damage to themselves but to the rest of humanity. I hope they employ more forest rangers to at least make sure people replant trees after taking the old ones.

ChadTower

This is why I like remote areas which are only accessible by foot, it makes logging impossible so the area is untouched. The other upside is that you can walk for days and you might not run into another person.

It's all accessible. If you can't get in with a truck they make a road. Most of the old dirt roads up into remote areas are logging roads. Those roads didn't appear out of nowhere.

rockytibby

I was just going to say that I knew a guy that did helicopter logging. They can get pretty high in elevation now days. When I'm out hiking I am seeing more logging roads at 8 and 9000 ft. I am sure there are some higher than that too.

mikepond

I was reading up on this the other day and many of those places never clean up after the job is complete. Sounds like that is what you are finding on your trips out. :(