Dirt Bikes

SpencerT

I'm not sure if there is a law, but are dirt bikes prohibited in suburban communities or are they allowed to be on the street like a motorcycle? There are some younger people in my area that ride all around the neighborhood, but only they ride through grassy areas such as people's private property. I'm pretty positive once they cross onto someone's land that they can get in trouble. I don't think they should be allowed to ride freely because they end up tearing up people's yards.

CaliRockJumper

here in california, if its not registered, and has no turn signals or lights/reflectors, it cant be on a county maintained road.

but i recently took a trip to Arizona. in some places, i felt out of place because i was in a truck that was surrounded by atv's and dirtbikes. and this WAS in a residential suburban neighborhood, but in the desert. so maybe check your local laws for the area of which you are concerned. around here in a quiet neighborhood, some people will call police because of the excessive noise of an atv just taking a couple fast rips around the block, which personally doesnt bother me until property is damaged. this has led to the closure of open areas that were once legal to have off road vehicles.

good luck, all the best.

SpencerT

Yeah, in country living, it seems this kind of thing is normal. I don't think I'd have a problem with people enjoying those kinds or vehicles if it weren't for the few that damage people's property. Heck, I'd love to get in on the action if I could.

Grandpa

our county now has 4 wheeler permits for backroad and city daytime use. People even ride them to church. But stay off private property or else.......

DMan

In our area there are signs posted for dirt bikes and ATVs to stay off of many public areas, even paths near roadways. Now catching them is another story but I do know the police will stop them if they see them. So if you don't have a private area to ride you are out of luck.

racoon

I think they should be used in private areas only. That is what they are meant for, not disturbing the public or damaging properties.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

I had a street-legal Kowasaki 350. Used it in UT, ID and AK.

Couldn't verify if it was legal in other states, though.

Phrase for use when traveling through hostile regions of the Persian Gulf:

"Akbar khali-kili haftir loftan". (Thank you for showing me your marvelous gun).

oldsarge

:"Akbar khali-kili haftir loftan". (Thank you for showing me your marvelous gun).
Yani bennie fuchie atimity harangie (You got'em any slick chicks?)

Learned my Arabic from Hazieben Sofar & Haffa Dolla (The Three Stooges), As good as Rosetta Stone!

Last edited:

limaker

We only use ours in the country and I think for some cities/towns it can be something a cop will ticket you for. Recently an uncle of ours got our girl a little 4 wheeler like this but we would never keep it at our house (too close to town), so she will just use it at their place. Its like this one just not pink.

ppine

Forester
Since Nevada is 87 percent public owned land people ride them everywhere. The idea that should be confined to private land is not logical.

In most states they need to be registered for public roads with a liscense, lights, and turn signals.