Do you study the local animals?

hydethebeef

I was going backpacking and ran in to a kind of spider that I had not studied about. I think that I am going to always make sure to study up on the poisonous animals that could be about.

greengrass

I don't always study up on the wildlife. But I have run into a few things that I was unsure about. Most of it has been insects. I've seen some bugs that were SOOOO weird and creepy and I have no idea what they were.

woodsman

Spider's are not that dangerous to the bets of my knowledge, even tarantulas are only fatal if you have a heart condition. You are mostly creeped out by bugs because the subconscious brain associates them with disease carriers, most of the time they are harmless. There should be a list of deadly animals in the zone, read that if you are really feeling insecure, otherwise use your common sense, don't try to pet the teddy and don't try to play the flute to the viper.

Jimbo

There's too many for me to study. As a general rule of thumb, if I don't recognize a critter, I stay away from it the best I can.

JDSport

I study the animals around our dwelling with my son. His amazement with it all is great! We watch the birds and squirrels and anything else that comes across our path. At my parents house we can watch the deer and turkeys from their porch.