Eating more

looey

I tend to actually eat more when I am out and about for a trip. I really never noticed this, as I tend to buzz through work and all else, but when I have time to relax, I eat more - why?

3ofusnow

2coastcamper is probably right. You are probably burning more calories and energy when you are out on a trip so you get a little hungrier than usual or you might just notice your hunger more because you are not as busy.

Bumpkin

I agree with all of the above. Plus, I think that there is something about being on vacation or doing things you enjoy (as opposed to working at your job or at home) that makes you feel much more relaxed and that could lead you to eat more. I know I tend to eat more when I'm on vacation because I feel like I deserve it. Heck, it's my vacation - I'm not about to calorie count when I'm having fun!

campclose

I agree with burning more calories when camping (if you are active). I eat more because the food is there and in my sight.

camp1

I am the same. I seem to snack all day long when I am camping. My problem is the cocktails too! We always seem to have a drink in our hand and if not, a neighbor supplies us with one.

HappyFeet

I also eat a lot when I go camping. The reason for this might be that we are not thinking about anything while we are camping. So our mind tries to think of something else to do and that can be eating food.

Reese

I think sometimes we eat just because it is something to do. When you are working you don't have near as much time to eat as you do on vacation.

Morgan

I eat a lot when I go camping because I usually do a lot of physical activities and my body needs food to replace the depleted strength. Did you notice that camp food tastes better even if its the same food you are eating at home?