Finding shelter

crosscountry

If you had to find or build a shelter to keep you safe and out of the elements for awhile would you be able to? I am not sure I would be able to build anything that would suffice.

faye

If I am in a survival situation, a small empty cave will do fine for a shelter. But I can't last a night there, I have to find my way home as soon as possible before dark.

Captain

Heck yes! Well it depends on where I am but I am pretty sure I could. I have watched every season of Survivor so I know how to build a shelter. I don't want to be stuck in that situation though.

OpenFire

I wouldn't want to be stuck in the situation either but I could build myself a shelter if there were no natural shelters around (caves, as mentioned before).

northernbushape

The Jeepist
I can and have built many shelters and slept in them just for the fun of doing it. Basic shelter construction technique is something every back country adventurer should learn.

SuperFish

Indeed, food and shelter are the most important weapons in a survivors arsenal when you are stuck against the elements. I would recommend everyone learns how to build adaquate shelter for themselves!