First snow?

scarlett

Looks like camping is canceled for the weekend. It was one thing if it was going to be a little chilly. I draw the line at snow. Evidently computer weather models are hinting at an early season snowfall this weekend for the Catskills of New York State. I'm hearing everything from wet flakes to several inches of snow! Ugh...I'm not ready!

ejdixon

Give a few days more, scarlett. charley's right. Nature seems to have this funny idea of changing its mind on the last minute. Who knows, the snow forecast might get delayed? :)

Grandpa

First snow was over a month ago here, at least down to 5500 feet. Wind had snow smell tonight so we'll see what it looks like tomorrow, but still going out again next week.

outwest

We are still getting cooler temp's but nothing yet. I have a feeling we will have ice before we have snow, sorry it ruined your trip plans though.

Susie

We listen to our weather radio regularly to hear the latest NOAA reports. They used the word "snow" for the first time just the other day---only in the mountains thus far, so we're still going on short camping trips.

Pathfinder1

I usually don't trek very far,
when all around me black bears are.

Hi...

Well, I haven't looked at a Catskill forecast yet today. Maybe no one likes to siwash in a new, wet snowfall. I know I don't. But if I get caught in one, and can't make it back to base (home), I'll be alright spending the night unexpectedly. All in a day's work...!!

Yikes...!! What IS all of that white stuff starting to cover the ground? A fungus, maybe...!! No, I don't think so.

vino

Scarlett, we must live in the same geographic area because my NOAA forecast mentions the "S" word this weekend, too! It's supposed to be 28 degrees Saturday night here, so I would be canceling my trip, too, if I had one. 28 degrees is a little too cold for a tent for my taste. If I had a camper it would be different. :)